1213 Veshecco Drive
Erie, PA 16501
When Erie Brewing Company was founded in 1993, there were less than 400 breweries in the U.S. Today, there are almost 1, 600. Craft Brewing, as well as people's perception of it, has changed. Ninety-five percent of beer consumed in this country is American standard and standard light lager, while ninety-five percent of U.S. breweries are creating diverse and innovative beer styles. Consensus within the Craft Brewing community is to collaboratively expand our five percent market share to ten percent. We envision Erie Brewing Company becoming a key player and guiding force within these Craft Beer Crusades. Through the fruition of our comrades' shared revolutionary goal, we intend to evolve many other integral components of Craft Beer Culture:
- Propound truth and honesty about beer to inform and enlist new converts. Expose the yellow journalism of "Big Beer"!
- Sharing mutual respect and admiration for each other's craft. We enjoy drinking other breweries’ beers just as much as our own!
- Drink local and be vocal! On average Americans live ten miles away from a brewery, so support your local economy!
- Champion beer’s rightful place next to wine as gastronomical accompaniments. Beer is a sophisticated beverage, and deserves to be treated as such!
- Honor the Earth, raw materials, and organisms that allow our craftsmanship to flourish. Ecophilia is a "grassroots" effort!
These core values represent but a taste of our company’s philosophy. In addition, we are continuing to provide leadership within our community, by collaborating with local businesses and breweries as well as philanthropic efforts with non-profit organizations. Erie Brewing Company also plans to become employee owned and has begun to initiate zero-waste strategies to become more ecologically efficient.